Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Fantastical Mr. Fox

Today, I finally watched Fantastic Mr Fox. I've been meaning to for forever long but something always comes up or I opt for another film instead (waaay to many movies to get through, not enough minutes in the day *sigh). Nonetheless, it never really eventuated.

BUT tonight being the chilly evening that it is, i've wrapped myself in my duvet and decided it was time to check this of my 'must watch' film list!



Boy, am I glad I did, what a lovely film indeed. The characters were cute, likeable and witty and the storyline was impressively capturing for an animation flick. You really could identify Mr. Fox's character as someone you know &/or knew.. He could be your best friend, bastard boss or even your father!


Based on a novel by the great Roald Dahl (I have yet to read the book - though now it is a MUST as books are always much better than the movie adaptation). 

The films underlying themes of friendship, insecurity, family and adventure was portrayed in the characters of the 'wild animals'. I felt it was not over done and quite on point, often allowing me to forget that this was animation of animals not humans. It's made me miss children's books, with morals, sense of family orientation and innocence in its pages; slapped with bright colours and adventures. A breath of fresh air from the current thriller and biography's that i've been watching, which can lay heavy on your mind spesh after a hard day's work. It was nice watch a light, refreshing funny, simple film with far-reaching ideas that we should apply in everyday life.  Another gem by Mr Dahl!




Rawwwwww.

No comments:

Post a Comment